Sunday, November 2, 2008

Eram quod es, eris quod sum

I am not an angel or a god,
a prince or even a lord.
i am in no way noble
or remotely divine,
and my morals are questionable at best.
so how do you expect me to do this?
decide the undecidable.
this is what happens when an unstoppable force
meets an immovable object.

my mind is is trudging along,
dropped out of the race,
stumbling along the sidelines.
and i can't even look at you without hurting
so my eyes flick to the door,
praying she'll save me,
that someone will show me the answers
give me a sign,
make up my mind.

i've taken myself off course too many times now,
so take the reigns,
i'll be anything you want me to be.
i wasn't lying when I said I'd never be over you,
but you're such a big part of me,
maybe i'll just never get over myself.
they say i'm gifted,
but im still just a scared kid.

she's beautiful when the rain damps her hair
and the fog of my breath makes her eyes gleam like headlights.
and i want to be her tough guy - sam spade
but i'm in love with you
still not sure about her.

No comments: