Thursday, May 24, 2007

its been three seasons since that one that mattered most
but I can see every part of it as clear as I can see the hands that type this (who knows what controls them)
I had built such a perfect sand castle with gate of laughter and a moat of bravado and intimidation
a room for every mistake, a hallway for every friend, and special dungeon that none of the hallways could get to where I kept my heart
and then you came and in a series of magnifect breaths, brought everything I had known to the ground
I wanted to let it all just wash away in the tides but instead I dug my toes in to try and hold on to fractures of my past
until I knew I was ready to move on
then summer came to the end and beach games were done.
and now I'm turning around the corner of spring
and to my own horror I see that sand castle there just like before
but with more rooms and a bigger moat
and it looks like someone raided the dungeon while I was gone.

No comments: