Wednesday, May 16, 2007

people make love when they can't find it

loves a funny thing
we spend forever searching for the one perfect person
and when we finally find them we just keep searching, because thats what we've done all our life
then finally settle down with that "well I guess you'll do" person
and spend the rest of our lives turning over different outcomes in our head, wondering why we didnt take #547.
I wish I could've believed myself when I said "you were just another intersection on the road to my ms. perfect"
but the fact is that you were the cul de sac on tht road,
and I made the mistake of going all the way around it.
sometimes we pick b just because a, c and d all suck more
but sometimes we skip straight to c because we know from the first instant that no matter what a, b and d say, c is just right.
I wish it had been as simple as bubbling you in
but when I read it I knew that it wasnt multiple choice, it was an essay question.

No comments: